Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kidasana (kid-AH-SAH-NAH)

Tonight we had an excess of energy amongst the wee ones and it was just a little chilly so we decided to do a little yoga.  Now, yoga at our house consists of two giggling girls on a single pink yoga mat and me trying to remember the few yoga poses I know, while at the same time trying to convince my muscles to let me do them.  There's also a lot of flopping around like dead fishes, but I'm not naming names.

The really delightful part came after the downward dogs and mountain poses were all done.  I watched from the sidelines as Little Sis and Big Sis came up with their own poses.  First, there was the Nightstand, followed by the Flamingo (the Flopping Flamingo rather), then we had Lion pose, Snake tail, and The Stretcher.  Last time we did yoga there was the Snowman as well.   I can't even begin to describe what these poses looked like, so fleeting was their existence.  Only the Flamingo was attempted more than once, but only because it caused the biggest giggles.  

It was mommy nirvana.

No comments:

Post a Comment